11.24.20 - Homefront Farmers Now Hiring
At Homefront Farmers, we are passionate about bringing the benefits of an edible organic garden to clients throughout Fairfield and Westchester counties. Find the job posting on Indeed, or Email Kember@homefrontfarmers.com, to request the full job description, and to submit your resume and cover letter.
11.20.20 - Anderson Acres Farm Hiring Full Time Greenhouse Coordinator
Anderson Acres Farm, Kent, CT, Seeks a Full-Time Year-Round Greenhouse Coordinator $18-$20 per hour, paid time off, health benefits Anderson Acres is a small-scale flower farm and homestead in Kent, CT. The Greenhouse Coordinator manages all aspects of seedling production and is also an integral member of the farm crew.
Anderson Acres Farm, Kent, CT, Seeks a Full-Time Year-Round Greenhouse Coordinator
Anderson Acres is a small-scale flower farm and homestead located on a 200-acre, privately owned property in Kent, CT. Roughly three acres of the land is dedicated to growing annual and perennial flowers for commercial sales as well as fresh mushrooms, vegetables, herbs, and fruits for the farm owners and crew.
The Greenhouse (GH) Coordinator manages all aspects of seedling production, takes the lead on organizing and training staff for all aspects of seedling production and transplanting, and is responsible for developing and communicating all relevant protocols. This person is also an integral member of the farm crew and is expected to participate in harvest, fieldwork and pack out flowers for our onsite farmstand and wholesale customers.
● Manage seeds from ordering through transplanting
○ Order, store and organize seeds
○ Execute sowing schedule
○ Supervise sowing, thinning, pricking out, potting up, and hardening off
○ Manage disease and fertility
○ Order and ensure upkeep of greenhouse supplies (soil, trays, amendments, etc)
○ Oversee transplant schedule
○ Maintain accurate record keeping
○ Administer staff trainings on seed management
● Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
● Work with team to accomplish other farming tasks such as weeding, irrigation,
harvesting, pruning, and marketing
● Attend weekly crop walks
● A minimum of three years’ experience farming
● A minimum of one year’s experience managing seedling production
● Experience growing flowers for commercial markets
● Comfortably able to list 50lbs
● Valid driver’s license
The GH Coordinator is expected to work 40 hours per week during the growing season, with
reduced hours in winter. Our preference is for this person to keep a Sunday-Thursday schedule
during the growing season.
The GH Coordinator is a non-exempt position. Compensation is commensurate with experience;
anticipated starting range is $18-20 per hour. Benefits include health insurance and paid time
off. We are unable to provide housing at this time.
Email a resume and cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to Michelle
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.