If you are taking, teaching or know of an organic gardening or food-related workshop or course, let us know!
Organic Seed & Seedling Sources on the Baystate Organic Certifiers site
Seed Saving Information
New ATTRA publication
Start a Farm in the City – lots of resources, particularly for contaminated soils
Vegetable Varieties for Gardeners
from Cornell University
A Garden Fitness site
This great Soil Quality and Site Assessment Card is created specifically for Connecticut Community Gardeners and organizations’ web sites.
The Holistic Agriculture Library
a great library of online books
provides soil tests, identification and advice on insects, diseases and other topics and will always provide organic suggestions if asked. Entomologist Kim Stoner is especially interested in organic control strategies.
- The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch, Workman Publishing
- Gardening Week By Week by Xenia Field, Crescent Books
- 52 Weekend Projects by Nancy Bubel, Rodale Press
- Start With the Soil by Grace Gershuny, Rodale Press
- Worms Eat My Garbage by Mary Appelhof, Flower Press
- How to Select, Use and Maintain Garden Equipment, Ortho Books
- Garden Tools by Val Bradley and John Negus, Laurel Glen Publishing
- The Tool Book, by William Bryant Logan, Workman Publishing