Employer: Newport Restoration Foundation
Work Location: Newport, RI
Term of Employment: Year round. position Mon-Fri, 40 hours per week.
Compensation Range: $41,600 ($20.00 per hour),100% employer paid medical, dental vision life, insurance, employer contribution to health savings account, 401(k) contribution (not a match), 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, holidays, professional development assistance, free onsite parking.
Duties / Responsibilities
The Newport Restoration Foundation, a museum and preservation organization in Newport, RI is seeking qualified applicants to join our Grounds and Gardens Crew, at our oceanfront Rough Point museum.. This role provides year round maintenance of the ground and facilities of historic properties with the ability to work in a variety of inclement weather conditions. Work is performed as part of a crew or independently. Groundskeeper is available as an on call employee for snow removal and disaster response.
- Lawn mowing and maintenance.
- Hedge trimming from the ground or working off a ladder.
- Edging and mulching, tree and shrub planting.
- Weeding, spring and fall leaf clean-up, tree work including pruning
- Snow removal including plowing.
- Masonry repairs and hardscape installation.
- General cleaning of shop and facilities.
- Other projects as requested by the Landscape Supervisor.
Great work environment!
Desired Applicant Experience
- At least three years landscaping experience and a strong working knowledge of plant material.
- Proficient in the use of all necessary equipment including walk behind, zero turn and tractor mounted lawn mowers, weed trimmers, chainsaws, hand held, push and back pack leaf blowers, gas and electric hedge trimmers, sod cutters, over seeders, walk behind or tractor mounted aerators, rototillers, wood chippers and hand held or backpack sprayers.
- Proficient in the use snow blower and snow plows and gas generators.
- Work from extended heights using extension ladders.
- Valid RI driver’s license (or ability to secure one) and ability to lift 80 lbs. is required.
How to Apply / Notes / Other Information
Interested candidates should submit a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. EOE.