Work Location: Remote position, but must live in Massachusetts or neighboring state. Some travel within Massachusetts required.
Compensation Range: $21-26 / hour
Duties / Responsibilities
Staff Collaboration & Support
- Supervise and check in regularly with Administrative Department staff.
- Provide support to Executive Director.
- Attend committee meetings (Membership, Personnel, Finance, Conference, IT).
- Attend board meetings (approx. six per year).
- Take notes at meetings.
- Provide conference support, including oversight of registration process.
- Store, manage, and maintain NOFA/Mass publications, mailings, and supplies.
- Provide general organizational support across departments.
- Oversee membership, registration, database management, Google Workspace.
- Oversee grant-related finances. This includes allocation of staff hours according to grant expectations, providing insights into staff time availability for future funding opportunities, and ensuring that grant funding is spent according to budgets.
- Support grant team with quarterly grant invoices and supporting documentation.
- Support fiscal sponsorship relationships.
- Support the organization in creating the budget for the upcoming year.
Personnel / Human Resources
- Manage organizational HR.
- Support and participate in staff hirings and interviews.
- Support and implement annual staff reviews.
- Work with Executive Director and Personnel Department to address HR issues.
- Create personnel folders and necessary documents.
- Onboard new staff.
- Update Organizational Charts, Staff & Board Contact lists.
- Maintain employee info, including date of hire, longevity raises, tech stipends, professional development stipends.
Desired Applicant Experience
The successful candidate will offer:
- A strong commitment to communication and teamwork and ability to work independently.
- Experience with staff supervision.
- A high level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Office; CRM experience a plus.
- Experience with Human Resources and personnel management.
- Experience working successfully with BIPOC communities.
Ideal candidate may also have:
- Prior experience with non-profit.
- Experience in farming, gardening, or food systems.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
- Spanish language fluency with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Other position information:
- This job can generally be accomplished from home. Employee must provide basic office equipment to facilitate working remotely.
- Hours very flexible with some onsite and virtual organizational meeting attendance required.
- Employee must attend NOFA/Mass retreats and staff meetings, the winter and summer conferences, virtual department meetings, and other staff responsibilities.
How to Apply / Notes / Other Information
Apply via the link on the NOFA/Mass website.